Introducing Bonnie!

4:27 PM Posted by Bonnie @ A Backwards Story


Hi fellow bookworms! My name is Bonnie and I’m so excited to have joined the wonderful Deliriously Falling team! I’ve been keeping an eye on Lauren’s career since the very beginning. I was lucky enough to participate in the Barnes and Noble First Look program last year. Through it, I received an ARC of BEFORE I FALL before it was introduced to the rest of the world. It was wonderful to see the novel become so popular right out the gate. I also work in the Children’s and Teen section of my local BN, so I was able to talk about the book with people and get them reading. I forget if it was Lauren or her editor, Rosemary Brosnan, but during First Look, someone mentioned the contents of DELIRIUM on the forum. I thought it sounded really interesting. In August when I was going through my major dystopian phase, the re-release of BEFORE I FALL with the link to an online sneak peek of DELIRIUM got me really excited for the novel’s release. DELIRIUM is my favorite book of 2011 so far; it simply blew me away! I love how diverse and unique Lauren’s topics are, and as a fellow writer, I *adore* her character development.

Besides working at BN, I run a book review blog, A BACKWARDS STORY. I mostly review YA titles, though I do at times spread my wings a little further. Sometimes, I also blog about other things such as my writing process or other book-related topics. My favorite genre to read is fantasy. In particular, I like high fantasy (Kristin Cashore, Tamora Pierce, Cindy Pon, etc.), dystopian fiction (Suzanne Collins, Scott Westerfeld, Catherine Fisher, etc.), and mythological/fairy tale retellings (Juliet Marillier, Shannon Hale, Robin McKinley, etc.). For contemporary novels, I prefer books that make me “think,” ones that don’t have clear-cut answers or necessarily feel the need to end “happily ever after” (Jodi Picoult, Jacquelyn Mitchard, Heather Gudenkauf, etc.).

I’d love to chat with you about Lauren (or anything else!) on my blog, Twitter, GoodReads, etc. I can’t wait to meet you! 

Joined Deliriously Falling on May 2011