Paranormalcy by Kiersten White will be a film! And opinions on YA books being turned into films.

5:25 PM Posted by Ella Preuss

Wow, a lot of YA books are getting film deals lately! Congrats Kiersten!

We only know that the project's been bought by Gil Adler Productions and Reverie Enterteinment Partners and that it'll be directed by Ray Kay. Even Perez Hilton blogged about it. I think it'll be a long time until we learn more about this, but it's great news!

We've got The Hunger Games, Delirium, Thirteen Reasons Why, Wake, and many more coming, but what do you think about this?

Personally, I love the idea of being able to watch my favourite books come to life on the cinema, but what does it mean for screenplay writers?  

It's already hard enough for them to sell their stories, but I think it'll be even more difficult to do so when so many producers prefer to buy book adaptations than original work.

And then I'm not so sure about known actors playing these characters. Take THG, for instance. The idea of Josh Hutcherson as Peeta is something I'm still struggling with. I think it's time for these actors to make room for the new ones. (I have nothing against Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus, but I do not want to see them in 13 Reasons and Wake.)

Let's hope Paranormalcy makes a nice film debut! With cool actors and an awesome production. 

xo,
Ella